order | agreement | ask?






 

Our Product

 

Our Project

 

Our Client

 

 




Making Free Website

Free Webhosting

Free Mail 6GB

Get Money

Adsense



Are you Japanese lover?
Yes
No
I dont know
  

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jakarta, Selatan, Indonesia

Hello you there... Thanks to visit this Blog, I hope you can participate in here and enjoyed this Blog. Thanks!



GLAY VERB TOUR

GLAY HISTORY

Belajar Huruf KANJI

L’Arc~en~Ciel’s “KISS” album on iTunes!L’Arc~en~Ci...

L’Arc~en~Ciel History II

Sejarah Panjang Origami ...

J-POP HISTORY

Privacy policy





You've got a friend in Japan at J-List!
Click for J-List



 


Best view with Fireworks

 

Pasang Iklan

Disini

 

Thursday 21 August 2008
REVIEW: GLAY - VERB

As I’m sure you all know by now, GLAY is coming to California for three dates in August, and when they do, they’ll probably be playing something from this new single. So far this is their only release this year, other than a digital-only release a few months back. However, that digital release got portioned out between two versions of this single. The CD-only version got the song Starless Night, while the DVD version got Venus. I’ll be reviewing the former.

Both versions include a cover of With or Without You, originally by U2.


GLAY
VERB
Genre: rock, pop, alternative
Release Date: 06.11.2008
Price: ¥1,260
Released By: Toshiba Emi
Tracks: 3

01.VERB
02.Starless Night
03.With Or Without You (U2 cover)

VERB sounds like it could have come right off The Frustrated, which is coincidentally my favorite album. I love the heavy bassline and the vocal distorter right at the beginning. It also moves pretty fast and has one of those supremely catchy choruses GLAY is known for. Honestly this is probably one of my favorite songs they’ve released in awhile.

The next track is Starless Night, from the digital single. I initially said I preferred Venus of the two, but I think I’ve been swayed slightly the other way now. For one thing, it doesn’t have the somewhat awkward English chorus of the other song. But also, it goes very well as the second track after VERB. It’s a bit slower, but the chorus is no less catchy with its refrain of “ready go, steady go”. And again, it has a bit of that The Frustrated vibe.

Last is the U2 cover With or Without You. You may remember that they covered a Beatles song on their last release, ASHES EP. I wasn’t terribly fond of it, mostly because of the English. However, I’m happy to report that this time, Teru’s English is nearly perfect. As before, the music is wonderful, but honestly, it was Teru’s performance that really won me over. He sounds amazing and nearly every line gave me chills. Some of the best vocal work I’ve heard from him in awhile.

This single was a long wait from their last one, but I’d have to say it was worth it. The two non-covers were fresh and catchy, and the U2 cover was amazingly good. Far better than I expected. What a great thing to release in advance of their US concerts. It’s nice to see a venerable band continue to put out such solid material.

Final Word: absolutely excellent. Buy it. ★★★★★


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's for your comment...enjoyed!

<< Home



iklan